The UNILIB library and the IRBEM library both provide a set of routines for calculating Terrestrial magnetic field parameters from a series of different models. Please see the IRBEM library user’s guide for details about the IRBEM library.
To simplify the integration of the UNILIB library with software that makes use of the IRBEM library interface, UNILIB includes a limited number of routines that are “drop-in” compatible with those from IRBEM. The source code is found in the
misc/UNILIB_IRBEM_API directory of the distribution.
IRBEM interface routines¶
- irbem_fortran_release1 - Get UNILIB release string
- irbem_fortran_version1 - Get UNILIB version number
- get_irbem_ntime_max - returns size of internal time arrays.
- get_doy - return the day of year
- coord_trans1 - return coordinate transformation
- coord_trans_vec1 - Transforms coordinates between systems
- get_mlt1 - Get the Magnetic Local Time
- get_field1 - returns the GEO vector of the magnetic field
- get_field_multi - return magnetic field vector for multiple locations
- lstar_phi1 - convert between L* to \(\phi\)
- make_lstar1 - Compute magnetic coordinates
- make_lstar_shell_splitting1 - Compute magnetic coordinates
- ydoyut_to_julday - Convert date to Julday
- julday_to_ydoyut - convert from julday to year, day of year, time
- get_coordinates - return GEO coordinates
- initialise_fields - Initialise the magnetic field models
UNILIB helper routines¶